Saturday, April 07, 2007

The Wrong Things Women Do For Love

This is the website that I created when I was still pregnant with Raisha... that's roughly 5 or 6 years ago.

http://www.geocities.com/kiky4199/index.html

After reading it, you may have realized how pathetically in love I was with her father. Sad to say, rather than reciprocating it to the same extent, he did otherwise. For a while, I told myself that he would change. Lo and behold, he became worse. I taught myself to be numbed by pain brought upon by this reality, but it came to a point that I got fed up already.

Well obviously, our relationship didn't have a happily-ever-after ending. I, yes, it was I, who broke up with him. If I elaborate, you'll realize that I have all the reasons to do so, but to give my daughter the respect due to her, I'll skip the details.

I wrote this blog for my friends who are so obsessed with their good-for-nothing boyfriends. I already made one before, but, as you may have noticed, my first blog was deleted (well, I deleted it, actually).

When you fall in love with someone, it seems like your life will end the moment your relationship with him ends. HEL-LO?! You survived half of your life sans that asshole!

I'm not saying that all men, in general, are bastards. More than half of my friends are men. I'm thankful that they treat me well. Some of them put their women in the pedestal. For some however... well, I'm just thankful I'm not their girlfriends.

A lot of them are actually surprised with my outlook in life. They would always tell me, that I don't sound anything like their girlfriends (yes, with an S!). Cause as some of you may have already known by now, I'm not actually the type of GF who investigates and spies on her bf.
Honestly, if they would ask me a few years ago, I may still sound like their GFs, probably even worse than them. But hey, I have 101 reasons not to be like such anymore.

I always keep in mind what my mother used to tell me: love your man by maintaining a slim distance from him. When a woman puts a silver lining between her and her man, it makes the man long for her much more. In a nutshell, what I'm trying to say is, live your own life, girl. Don't allow yourself to become a shadow of your guy... make your man be the one to get that lining out of the way.

Change is the only permanent thing in this world. With this, it is safe for me to say, that there is at least a 1% possibility, that you will still not end with the guy who snagged you. With the obvious threat of divorce, marriage is no longer your sanctuary. With that being said, take a good look of your bf, or your husband, cause that may be the last. (dan-dan-dan-dan!)
It really breaks my heart whenever I see my friends unable to go about their activities because their guys seem to be laser-tattooed in their minds. What's really more heart breaking is when they start to cry out of no reason. My sympathies to you, but Duh?!

Move on, girls. So what if your guy cheats on you? Then dump that guy and look for someone who doesn't. That was the road I travelled, and I'm so happy with that decision.

Paranoia won't do you any good. If you think he will not cheat just for you, you may want to think again. I will be the devil's advocate here... It may hurt to know the truth (well, reality bites, anyways), but believe me, there's a bigger chance that your guy does not love you as much as you think. Some men cheat knowing that you let them get away with it.

Oh, please don't get me wrong. This blog is not only for those cheating hearts. This blog is also dedicated for those girls who are stuck with BFs who think that the definition of future is just "tomorrow", and if you're lucky, it also includes "the day after tomorrow". This is also dedicated for those who have donned all shades of bruises from, green to blue to black, etc.

Just like what I said, I have a lot of guy friends. You should hear them whenever they have a get together. Sometimes, it really pisses the shit out of me, sometimes I just find myself laughing with them. Because honestly, some girls are just so desperate, they don't mind making a fool out of themselves just to check on their guys.

Girl, spare your sanity from the threat of obsession... spare your tears and wipe those mascara smudge goodbye! I made this blog not to break your hearts, but to open your mind to reality... this is what's really happening. Please, please, please... stop being a martyr. Being one is actually a stepping stone to obsession... is your guy really worth it?

Here's a hint, though... if you want to become a "for keeps"... give your guy a break. Yeah, I know you just love your beau so much, but that shouldn't be an excuse to put them in a short leesh. The last thing that a guy wants is another mother. He loved you as a girlfriend and not as a guardian, so be a girlfriend. Neither should you also tolerate the frustrated Manny Pacquiao in him. Just so you know, if he abuses you physically or even emotionally or psychologically, there is already a case that can be filed against him... heard about "Violence Against Women"?

And lastly, always keep in mind the golden rule: don't do unto others what you don't want others to do unto you. So, if you don't want your bf to give you a miserable life, don't give him one.

No comments: