Sunday, August 07, 2011

A Thread of Goodbyes

When you treasure someone so much, it’s really hard to part ways with them. It’s hard to say goodbye to the people you hold dear. It’s hard to say goodbye if you have learned to treasure their presence. But sometimes, life compels us to let go of them… even if we’re not ready. It’s quite heartbreaking, but it has to be done.

The second half of this year has let me witnessed a series of goodbyes.

In tears, I gave these people probably one of my warmest embrace, knowing that it may take a while before I can do so again. Every once in a while, when I remember them, I still feel a pinch of loneliness… how I wish that they’re still within my arms reach. When I see things that remind me of them, I suddenly feel a film nostalgic breeze.

I remember those moments when they officially said goodbye… when they said that they have to go… Helplessly, I cried… and cried… and cried. These people were like second parents to me. Some of them I treat almost like brothers and sisters.

When I find myself remembering how they broke to me the news, I can’t help not to ask myself… ‘Why am I always the one who is left behind?’

I know it’s not exactly goodbye because time will come, I will see them again… but this is for sure, I will forever treasure the moments I shared with them... I'm going to miss them… so much.

I know things will no longer be the same again, but they will always have a special place in my heart.

No comments: